Since MCT Oil has numerous benefits, it is used in several foods and beauty products all over the world. However, it is found that people of the USA don't ingest the recommended level of MCT oil and as a consequence, they remain deprived of its rich health benefits. The recent trends suggest that the demand for MCT oil supplements has grown exponentially. People seem to find these supplements easier to consume rather than directly taking in coconut oil and palm kernel oil which are the main source of MCT oil.
Let’s first understand what is MCT Oil and MCT Oil Dietary Supplements
MCT stands for medium-chain triglycerides which are a kind of fatty acids. Fats are composed of a chain of carbon atoms. The long chain fatty acids are made up of 13 to 21 carbon atoms. These fatty acids are hard to digest by the human body. The fatty acids that are made up of 6 or fewer carbon atoms are called short-chain fatty acids. Medium-chain fatty acids come in between both of these types of fatty acids. Their length is medium and they are composed of 6 to 12 carbon atoms.
The MCT oil is sourced largely from coconut oil, palm kernel oil and dairy products. And alone coconut oil consists of 62-65% MCTs.
MCT oil dietary supplement is a rich source of MCT oils. It is made up of ingredients from pure sources of MCT to replenish the body with the required levels of MCTs.
Why is there a Rising Demand in MCT Supplement?
There are a few facts related to the MCT supplement. Have a look at the points below –
- MCT supplement has a number of health benefits. It is an energy booster and good for endurance during workout.
- Studies have shown that it is effective for better brain and memory function. It may also help to treat Alzheimer’s disease.
- MCT supplements don't get accumulated in the body as fats. They convert into energy and at the same time, they make the body feel full and satiated. As a result, we don't feel hungry very soon after ingesting them.
- Its main source industry known as palm kernel came under fire. This resulted in the surge of the manufacturing prices and shrinkage in the supply.
- Due to its popularity and health benefits, there is a considerable hike in its demand.
- As per its current demand and supply proportion, it’s a lucrative product for nutraceutical businesses.
Have questions regarding the manufacturing cost or private labeling of MCT oil supplements? Contact the experts here!